click here & see Nicki Minaj sexy videos

Monday 9 September 2013

Sandra Bullock: I Didn’t Feel Worthy of Winning My Oscar


Sandra Bullock at TIFF

  "Gravity" very well could make Sandra Bullock a two-time Oscar winner.
Buzz that the 49-year-old movie star will take home Best Actress again in February is higher than ever following Sunday night's screening of the movie at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Post-premiere Bullock came out for a 20 minute Q&A with director Alfonso Cuarón (George Clooney didn't attend TIFF). One audience member asked Sandra to reflect on her Oscar win in 2010, and whether it was an out of body experience (get that gravity pun?).
"I think most people have that out of body experience when they win the Oscar. I had a little newborn at home so my body was already out of it's element I think," Sandra quipped. "I still haven't gotten around to having my moment with it yet. Maybe one day it will come."
Sandra adopted a baby boy, Louis, and managed to keep it a secret during awards season when she took home the Oscar for her performance in "The Blind Side."
"What [winning an Oscar] does do is it makes you realize how hard you have to work to earn it," continued Sandra. "I didn't feel worthy of it when I got it, so I thought, 'Okay, I'm going to spend the rest of my life earning it, but having a really good time in the process as well.' So out of body experience completely, but it's exhaustion I had as well."
Although Bullock stars alongside George Clooney in "Gravity," it's very much a one woman show.
"It was lonely, but in the best way. I don't know any other way to say it. It was frustrating, it was painful, it was isolating," Sandra half teased about the grueling filming process. "After a while you just get used it, you wanted to kill Alfonso regularly, and I used that as well. So all your hate and your anger and your rage you just give forth in your work and you hope it translates on the screen."
"It was an amazing experience to be able to do as an actor, but I think more importantly as a woman," a more serious Sandra added. "[The role] very easily could have gone to a man."
Two real life astronauts, Chris Hadfield and Roberta Bondar, were in the audience on Sunday evening. During the Q&A one moviegoer asked Chris if the film was an accurate portrayal of what it's like to be in space.
"Fortunately the five months I spent on the space station went way calmer," Chris told a cheer-happy crowd. "The visuals are spectacularly good in this film. I mean I don't understand how you did that. That was just marvelous to look at. And if I ever fly in space again, I want to fly with Sandra."

No comments:

Post a Comment