click here & see Nicki Minaj sexy videos

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Jennifer Lopez Reveals How She Fought Off the Body Critics Early in Her Career


J.Lo has one of the hottest bodies in Hollywood, but back when she was just getting her start in the biz, not everyone was a fan of her killer curves. In an interview with Cosmo for the Latinas' Winter 2014 issue, the 44-year-old opens up about how she took a stand against those critics. She told the mag, "Early on, my family really made me love who I was and what I looked like. My body was nothing out of the ordinary in my neighborhood. When I first started on television [as a Fly Girl on "In Living Color"], people, and even my own manager at the time, would tell me I had to make all of these changes. But you have to stand up and say, 'There's nothing wrong with me or my shape or who I am, you're the one with the problem!' And when you can really believe that all of a sudden other people start believing too." But the "Live It Up" singer isn't the only star who's had to fight off the pressures to lose weight. Jennifer Lawrence recently opened up to Harper's Bazaar about having to battle the people who thought she should slim down for her career. She told the mag, "I was young. Somebody told me I was fat, that I was basically going to get fired if I didn't lose a certain amount of weight. They brought in pictures of me where I was basically naked, and told me to use them as motivation for my diet. I was hurt. It doesn't matter what accolades you get. I know it'll never happen to me again. If anybody even tries to whisper the word 'diet,' I'm like, 'You can go f---- yourself.'"


No comments:

Post a Comment