click here & see Nicki Minaj sexy videos

Monday 24 February 2014

Watson: I feel liberated from looks

Emily Watson has said playing ugly characters is liberating

Emily Watson has said it felt "liberating" to play ugly characters, rather than have to worry about her looks on screen.
The 47-year-old award-winning actress stars alongside Geoffrey Rush and Sophie Nelisse in the big-screen adaptation of Markus Zusak's novel The Book Thief, about life for a young girl growing up in Nazi Germany during the Second World War. Emily plays grumpy old fishwife Rosa Hubermann, her adoptive mother.
Emily said: "It's a very liberating to do that. Not to have to worry about it [appearance], not to have to be a part of that club. The thinner, prettier, shorter, tighter what ever-it-is-club. It just allows you to get on with your job.
But she confessed: "When I saw this I thought, 'Oh my God, I really went for it!' But no I'm kind of over the way I look, although for a long time I was over it, and now I'm going 'Oh my God, I'm getting old!' so that's a whole another thing, of, 'Gosh, I look a bit different now'."
The British star has previously described herself as "a character actress who gets laid".
She said of her roles: "They necessarily reflect the age that you are and some of that is slightly less interesting. I get to play a lot of straightforward mums.
"But at the same time when they are interesting, they're really interesting - in a really complicated and mature and grown up way and I love that, and I didn't get that when I was younger."

No comments:

Post a Comment