click here & see Nicki Minaj sexy videos

Sunday 19 October 2014

Selena Gomez Reveals Her Worst Red Carpet Fashion Mistake




In many ways, this year has opened a new chapter in Selena Gomez's life. After the musician and actress left behind her Disney image when Wizards of Waverly Place ended in 2012, she signed with Interscope Records and became the better half to a very certain pop star. And following her edgy role in last year's Spring Breakers, she's been actively searching for roles that challenge her as an actress and demand something of her emotionally. Her latest endeavor is a film called Rudderless, out today in select theaters and on-demand, which was directed by William H. Macy. In the movie, the 22-year-old plays the girlfriend of a college student who was killed in a school shooting. We recently spoke with Gomez in Los Angeles about dramatizing such a sensitive subject, shopping when the kids are at school, and her biggest red carpet fashion regret.


Your part in this movie is significant but not particularly big. Why did you want to take the role?
I’m in a very transitional period within my acting. I was accustomed to my show and some of the material I was doing–Ramona and Beezus, Monte Carlo. And I’m so proud of that. That’s exactly the place I was in during that time. But when my series ended I knew I wanted to do something completely different. Spring Breakers happened. I worked super hard and fought for it, and it was incredible and did a lot for me. I got very lucky because [William H. Macy] saw Spring Breakers and saw my performance and sent this script he had been working on for a while. Within the first 20 pages I knew I wanted to be part of it. I knew it was a character that required a lot of emotional damage. And I wanted to learn from people like Bill [Crudup]and Felicity [Huffman].


How did you get yourself into that extreme emotional place?
I had to definitely take some time. I would walk into a different room and put myself in that place. It is draining. I’m still stretching and figuring things out so I’m not the type of actor who can just turn it on. I needed to put myself in that place. After shooting one of the scenes that I did, Felicity came to my trailer and she gave me the biggest hug. It was so sweet. She was like, 'We’ll get you some ice cream to take your mind off it.'

The film is also about a school shooting, which is a really sensitive subject these days. What was your take on that?
It is such a sensitive subject and to make a film about it is something else. So that’s why you start with it and then it’s more a story of redemption and hope. It is uncomfortable, but it’s telling the story of what it’s like dealing with it. I think, if anything, you walk out feeling a little bit better. So if you are going to address it, Bill couldn’t have picked a better way to talk about it.

You mentioned you’re in a transitional phase. What does that exactly mean for you?
I’ve been acting since I was seven and I feel like I’ve been constantly going. I love what I do so much, but when you are figuring out who you are on top of that it’s like, 'What do I want to do? What do I want to represent? What style of lyricist am I going to be?' When you’re 15 and recording an album, you’re not writing Adele stuff. From 15 to 22 I’ve experienced so much and I understand things more. Now I’m able to really incorporate my style. Music is a really powerful outlet and I’ve not utilized it fully yet. I have some surprises coming up with my music very, very soon and it is that side of me. And I moved into my first home I’ve ever owned this year. This year was like my college year.

What was the first thing you bought for your new home?
My bed. That is also extremely important. My whole bedroom was decorated before the entire house. I made it my little domain. It’s very safe.

So you’re becoming a grown up.
Some days! Some days I feel like I’m totally on board; other days I’m like, 'I need my mom! I can’t do this!' It’s uncomfortable, but I guess that’s what our twenties are for.


Is it strange that any time you do anything people immediately have a reaction online?
It’s so weird. I try not to pay attention to it. I don’t do anything for the purpose of anyone other than my fans and myself. I love being able to post things and tell them where I am and share exciting things. But obviously it is a little weird because you want to ask all these vulgar adults who are speaking so poorly about a young girl, 'What were you doing at 18? What were you doing at 21?' That’s where I end it. If you want to live your life like that, fine, but I’m going to live my life like this, and I’m going to be happy and stay positive and keep going.

Have you learned anything about balancing your private personal life while being in the public spotlight?
Now, being a part of the younger generation, you’re always online. I can get spot-clean from the paparazzi and go away somewhere, but you’ve still got camera phones and Twitter. My generation is always seriously talking about everything. It’s elevated. It’s a little hard for me to separate sometimes, but it comes with the territory and I try to live my life the way I want to live it.

How was your experience at Paris Fashion Week?
It was amazing. It was my first time. Cara [Delevingne] is one of my best friends and she showed me the ropes. It’s such a different scene.


What’s your general approach to shopping?
Honestly, it depends on my mood. Sometimes I’m like, 'I want to buy something really nice for myself. I’m going to go to the mall and find that one piece.' Recently it was this Givenchy leather jacket that I had to have. I can’t wear it yet because it’s a million degrees outside and it’s just sitting there. I’m think I’m going to force myself to go somewhere cold to wear it. But I can also go into Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters and just spend like a couple hundred dollars and have a bunch of new pieces.

You straight up just go to the mall?
Totally. I don’t know how to online shop. I know the hours that are good. Like, 'Okay, the kids are in school during this time. I’m good.' I go early in the morning. I’m literally shopping with all the moms. It’s so much fun.

What trend have you tried that really did work on you?
Oh, I’ve made mistakes on red carpets. It’s trends in general. I never know what to get on board with. I’ll try things. I feel like my Google page is like my yearbook. You look back and you’re like, 'Why did I wear that?' Like fishnet tights and belts and just too much. I used to think the more I added, the better it would look. I remember I once wore shorts with tights and socks and heels and then a belt and then a necklace. And the shirt said 'Hotter Than the Sun.' It was so bad. But at least my mom let me dress myself and become my own person to figure it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment