click here & see Nicki Minaj sexy videos

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Kendall Jenner: People 'Laughed at Me Behind My Back'


(Steven Klein/V Magazine #95)

Taking sexy selfies comes naturally to the Kardashians. (Obviously.) But the Kardashians' little sister Kendall Jenner reports that being a big-time model who's taken seriously in the fashion world does not.
The 19-year-old reveals in a new interview with V Magazine that her reality star status didn't make her chosen career a breeze or anything. Her Keeping Up With the Kardashians fame did help her in the sense the she was already a social media star — a quality that's practically a requirement for popular models nowadays.
Related: Kendall Jenner Celebrates 20 Million Instagram Followers by Transformation Tuesdaying Into Kim Kardashian
However, it also hindered her somewhat. It wasn't that long ago that Jenner's big sis Kim Kardashian was reportedly banned from fashion's biggest night at the Met Gala, and people were shocked when the future Mrs. Kanye West (and her then-husband-to-be) landed the cover of Vogue.
"You have no idea how many doors closed on me and how many adults were either initially reluctant to take a chance working with me or who outright laughed at me behind my back," Jenner says. "It was kind of hard because all I was doing was going on go-sees, trying my best to break into this business as a teenager. "
She continued, "I am so grateful to Marc Jacobs, Riccardo Tisci, Karl Lagerfeld, and Katie Grand, who took a chance on me that first season and gave me an opportunity. My parents taught me that work ethic is one of the most important keys in life, and I believe it."
View gallery
.
(Steven Klein/V Magazine #95)
(Steven Klein/V Magazine #95)

Now, Jenner is quite comfortable on the catwalk. After overcoming bad behavior from some other models (she was being bullied), Kendall has rocked runways for Chanel, Givenchy, Diane von Furstenberg, and more upscale designers. She's also the new face of Calvin Klein jeans and will soon star in a prominent ad in a famous location in L.A.
"This will be my first billboard on Sunset, which I'm ecstatic about," she explains. "It's really humbling, and honestly, I am a pretty shy person, but being part of the Calvin campaign and seeing myself up there will be a dream come true. I might have to eat every night at the Chateau Marmont with that hanging over my shoulder. 'Oh yeah, that little thing? I didn't notice!'"

Somehow, she found a way to overcome those #kardashianproblems.

No comments:

Post a Comment